I honestly forgot how old I was this year. I blame it on pregnancy and being a new mom. I barely know what day it is anymore. But when November showed up on my calendar, I realized it was my birthday month and I actually had to sit and think, wait, how old am I turning? Or perhaps I'm just in denial about how old I actually am. Whatever, I'm going with the first reason.
Birthdays then and now. Back when I had the energy to throw myself parties... and wear my hair down.
Normally, I wouldn't be all about celebrating my birthday. See first paragraph. But since this will be my first birthday with my baby girl here, I feel it's somewhat special. So, today I'm sharing 32 facts about me. Notice I didn't say fun facts because I can't guarantee you won't tune out by fact #10.
1. I'm an only child.
2. sometimes I wish I wasn't.
3. contrary to the popular stereotype, I admit, I am not good at math.
4. but I am darn good with a calculator!
5. I took 5 years of piano lessons.
6. but ask me to play a song and I can't.
7. I feel bad that I wasted my parents money on lessons.
8. I mostly blame it on a bad teacher, I mean that was her job right?!
9. I hate cooking.
10. but I'm really good at following recipes and cooking delicious meals.
11. no, I still don't enjoy it even if the meal comes out amazing.
12. I hate exercising.
13. mostly because I hate to sweat.
14. I hate nature.
15. that was a bold statement, I mean I don't enjoy doing things like camping, having bugs near me, or going on hikes.
16. when I was little I wanted to be a singer.
17. I know I'm not the only one that used to stand in front of a mirror, holding a hairbrush pretending it's a mic, and singing like they're on the grammy's. Or am I?
18. I can carry a tune, but I'm really not that good of a singer. Just ask my husband.
19. but I'm a better singer than he is, so that's all that really matters.
20. I am not above dressing my daughter like me. #matchingclothesforthewin
21. I figured I should do it now before she realizes how much her mother embarrasses her.
22. I enjoy folding laundry.
23. probably because I'm slightly ocd and have a need for all our clothes to be folded a certain way.
24. Hannah girl likes to help. Oh wait, that wasn't a fact about me. Hannah helps and I re-fold everything she unfolds, which means double enjoyment for me.
25. yes I realize that's weird.
26. I also really enjoy wrapping presents, for the same reason.
27. my most embarrassing moment was during a parallel parking incident back in my early 20s. Let's just say it was in front of a Starbucks, and people clapped when I got out of the car.
28. after that day, I always paid extra to park in a garage or lot.
30. oh wait, I do remember, it was the night before my baby was born.
31. but now I have Hannah and I'll take her over sleep any day.
32. I love my little family and though I'm getting older, I'm willing to bet my birthdays will only get better.
My birthday is not until later this week, but you're never too old to celebrate birthday weeks!
I got the idea for this post from one of my favorite blogs, Camp Patton.